In a message dated 9/02/00 1:17:44 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Didn't really want to get too into this in my article, but I think this is
>  a pretty interesting topic after reading the interview with Eddie Fowlkes
>  on the current issue of Dissonance.
>
>  Since I'm a youngster and wasn't around at the time, I'm not going to put
>  all my faith in Eddie's short digression on how Richie was too scared to
>  come to Detroit because Mr. Banks was going to kick his ass.  Yet, if
>  Eddie's saying this in an interview, there must be some factual basis
>  behind this allusion.

Well I am not 100% sure of this but I remember reading somewhere about how
Richie *did* go to Detroit to play sometime in 95-96, had a really rough time
at this dance party- and vowed never to go back there again. Those who have
been on the 313 around that time will remember the fiasco because it is in
the archives somewhere - but the site for it is currently down due to
reconstruction and there are too many messages to sort through.

A_Zed
Program Co-ordinator, Ambient Zone
RTRFM 92.1 [http://rtrfm.ii.net]
Sunday Electronic Listening
Perth, W.Australia  (WST) 23.00-01.00 Chicago             (CST) 09.00-11.00
London                  (GMT) 15.00-17.00  Detroit/ Windsor (EST) 10.00-12.00
Frankfurt                (CET) 16.00-18.00