In a message dated 9/02/00 4:24:18 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The events to which you are referring, between Detroit proper and +8 are
much
>  older than 1995... the release of "The Future Sound of Detroit" in 1990
> spurred
>  the conflict. ^1

Yes I am aware of this fact, I stated 1995 in the case of Richie not being
let into the US due to the tax issue. It seems in lieu of the facts that have
ensued on this thread, those that have not been so aware of this issue are
now more aware, and though it was not such a pretty affair, it was an
interesting development in techno history and certainly the relationship
Detroit had with the other techno cities.

A_Zed