re:

> Progression of the music VS. body movin

<snipped>

> There is a time and a place for both as I'm sure you'll agree, but the
> original vision of this music is based around the idea of progression
> (amongst other things) - I'm interested in discussing how viable that idea
> is today, how the music could (should?) progress, and how the constraints of
> the 4/4 could stifle this.

You basically just:

1. set up a situation
2. explained why it isn't really necessary to look at things in those
terms.

What you've done by setting up techno's future as "progression vs.
body moving" is what academics might call "creating a false
dichotomy". This just means that reality escapes the neat divisions we
humans like to create.

For me, trying to assign a single "original vision of this music" is
inherently false, since there's no single "original creator" to
*possess* an original, singular vision.

I say: make, listen to, buy, and support whatever kind of music turns
your crank, and let the historians in 20 or 30 years sort out how the
grand scheme of things eventually develops.

Cheers,

Bill
--
appnet detroit [formerly sigma6]