In a message dated 4/19/00 9:42:43 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Okay Alan, on your recommendation alone

As you should =)

I'm gonna check out Romeo Must Die it

sounds pretty cool (even if it's not a fictional film on the bombing of Kid

Rocks trailer park). I've been a huge fan of Jet "Next Best Thing to Bruce" Li

ever since he kicked Mel and Danny's asses in LW4 (the only good thing about

that entire movie). The Black Mask was a bit too Green Hornet/Batman for me

(even had a cute reference to Kato) but Jet still shined like a star.

sean

I'll grant that Jet's HK movies I've seen are better than his Hollywood stuff
so far (we rented "Fist of Legend" and really dug it), but yeah, I really
liked "Romeo Must Die".

BTW Jet will be in "The Matrix (the hottest movie of 1999)" 2 and 3.

Oh, and Cyclone will like "Black & White" (the flick about
wiggers--oops--wiggas--imitating rap culture), though it'll be a while before
that makes it down under. Judging from the ten or so people at the theatre
when we went, it might be more sooner than later.

The only reason I'm even talking about this on 313 is revenge for sitting
thru/deleting that inane Barbie as-capitalist-tool/commodification of DJ
culture thread.

How about a new list: 313 Cinema ? Discussion on the movies on Jeff's website
?

OK, I'm done now.

=)

a.