-----Original Message-----
        From:   Otto Koppius [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent:   Monday, May 08, 2000 10:20 AM
        To:     313@hyperreal.org
        Subject:        Re: (313) Adam beyer in detroit cont.

        The whole issue of Europeans receiving a much warmer welcome than
        comparative US/local DJs in Detroit is by no means unique. The same
        happens the other way around in Europe and I would suspect in other
        places around the world as well. As they say in Dutch: "What you get
        from far away, tastes good". A local DJ playing the exact same set
as
        the international DJ will get a much lesser response. Which
perpetuates
        the status quo.

        Otto

Your remarks are probably the most level headed of anybody who has commented
on the 'adam beyer in detroit' conflagration.  My scathing criticisms were
born out of the frustration that arises from the 'grass is greener on the
other side' philosophy, an approach erroneously assumed by so many people in
the Detroit area.  God forbid they should someday find themselves living in
southern Virginia, which is the case with me.  As they say in English "You
don't know what you got till it's gone".

bill