In a message dated 5/16/00 11:11:32 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  Just curious, in your opinion, of the drum machines being produced today,
> which would be a good substitute?   Anybody like alesis machines or the emu
> orbit?
>  >>

Let me chime in here real quick: I've been a fan of the Novation Drum Station
for years now: it's been on all my Pure Sonik records, but don't hold that
against the machine =) Emulates 808 and 909 kits, sounds just like them, and
relatively inexpensive. That "Looking For The Perfect Beat" cowbell ? It's
there. Mine's old, the latest version can only be better.

The Orbit is sweet. It was earning its keep from the minute I took it out of
the box. it's all thru "Progress".

The next module I get is the Carnaval, Orbit's Latin sister machine.

DJ T-1000 "A Pure Sonik Evening" is Record Of The Month in Raveline GER this
month, by the way; the DrumStation hard at work.

Alan
(in a production lull)

Play Loud. Spin Hard. Log On.
www.puresonikrecords.net