> As I said Gwendal; I'm not against the music you are
> promoting, totally not,
> but I guess you picked the wrong list to drop this message.
just a quick thing : I am not the one who posted the original message, I
just happen to be a French guy who recently discovered techno, loves it, and
decided to subscribe to this list after realizing that the techno I love the
most is essentially Detroit-originated or at least Detroit-connected

> This list is
> from Detroit, the city where techno and dance music
> originated, but these
> people never got the respect they deserve from their
> countrymen. It's a
> thorn in the eye of many artists in Detroit (and people
> everywhere) that the
> established music industry tries to promote acts like yours
> who are in fact
> more rock oriented (at least what image and all is concerned)
> while that
> same industry doesn't give a sh*t about the artists who are the real
> innovators. You are bound to get negative reactions on a list
> like 313 that
> is mainly for Detroit techno-minded people.
OK - I did not see the problem was with what these DJs represent to the eyes
of  Detroit people

> Sorry for lashing out, but please try to include some
> 'native' artists on
> the next record release party. And I'm not talking about Moby!
>
> Hopes this clears things  out a little,
It does - I'm a bit sorry for the above, but I did not know much about this
context.

Gwendal