Chris Turgelis sayeth:

>Apparently there's a remix of a track of theirs by Derrick May but I
haven't
>heard it. Anyone know what it's like?

Strangely enough I came upon this in a charity shop (US translation - thrift
shop) on Friday. Dating from 1990, I think its called Turn it on (? don't
have the record in front of me so can't be certain) and features a mayday
mix. It seems pretty reasonable judging from the 1 play I've given it so
far.

>Cabaret Voltaire seem to be an example of an industrial group with some
kind
>of a techno connection. Like a lot of the 313 artists they've had
>pretentions to funk with varying degrees of success ("The Conversation" is
>my favourite).

Cabaret Voltaire had their first release back in 1978 so they were doing
electronic music while a lot of industrial artists were still at nursery
school. As for now, from what I remember Steven Mallender is living in
Australia, Richard Kirk is still alive and well and releasing new stuff and
I can't remember what the 3rd bloke was called.

Matt.