At 01:59 PM 6/5/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>hello,
>
>> Cabaret Voltaire had their first release back in 1978 so they were doing
>> electronic music while a lot of industrial artists were still at nursery
>> school. As for now, from what I remember Steven Mallender is living in
>> Australia, Richard Kirk is still alive and well and releasing new stuff and
>> I can't remember what the 3rd bloke was called.
>
>They were doing live shows before many of us were born, they were
>messing around with tape loops and audio collages on stage as early as
>1974. I believe the third original member was named Chris Watson, he
>left the cabs in 1982. He eventually went on to become an audio engineer
>for the BBC. Apparently he went to specialize is nature based field
>recordings, and actually put out a few solo releases of field
>recordings. If anyone has more info, I would be interested in knowing
>more.

Chris Watson has two full-length cds of field records out on the
UK Touch label entitled "Stepping Into the Dark" and "Outside
the Circle of Fire" as well as compilation appearances on many of
the Touch label compilations.

Press comments:
"Watson's lead instrument is the tape recorder. After working with Cabaret
Voltaire and The Hafler Trio, he became sound recordist for the Royal
Society for the Protection of Birds. He has since joined a film and video
production company, working for BBC wildlife documentaries and
occasional feature films. "In recent years I have noticed that some of the
particular locations I have visited had an overall characteristic - sparkling
acoustics, a special timbre, sometimes rhythmic or transient animal
sounds". Watson's interest goes beyond the brief of the programmes he
works on: he takes the chance to explore "the intangible sense of being
in a special place - somewhere that has a spirit - a place that has an
atmosphere".

. Chris Watson: stepping into the dark cd (Touch 027)
. Chris Watson: outside the circle of fire cd (Touch 037)

More info at: http://www.touch.demon.co.uk/cwat.htm

-->-Lance---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
p.o. box 450715