On a more recent trip to a Detroit party earlier this year I was not
extremely thrilled with his preformance either.  Bambaataa opened with many
Aphrodite tracks but again just really playing the records no incredible
mixing at all.  He then precedeed to drop some breaks and I do mean fl anthem
breaks and even worse was they were the tracks they played on the played on
the radio every 5 min there.  He did then throw in some more mainstream hip
hop.  Maybe one or two electro tracks.  I didn't pay all that close attention
to his set though because it was very generic.  I was expecting much more and
he hardly delivered at all.  I know many people that could mix those many
Aphrodite tracks with more talant than he did that night.  Maybe he was off
or wasn't in the mood but I wasn't really impressed and neither were others.

-Stacey