It is just one opinion. I am not discounting that trance for some is
enjoyable. I personally don't like it. When I listen to techno I just
don't feel it, I think about it too. Much in the same way as Jazz or
Classical music, I feel it, but often times there are stories behind
these compositions in which the title hints to something more---a
feeling, a thought, an idea, whatever. I think about how it was
produced, what am I supposed to be thinking, feeling, etc.

In that regard there are compositions that don't make me think even
though they have lyrics and a message. Why? Because there is nothing to
uncover. It is what it is. And as an example I think most of us wouldn't
blink an eye, expend any thought, about pop artists like B.Spears, 'N
Sync, Backstreet, etc. Why? Because that's what it is. There's nothing
more to uncover.

For me trance doesn't do it either. Is techno better? For me, yes. The
point of all this, and I am sorry if you got flamed, is that there is
room for Trance for those who are interested. It, however, doesn't
belong on this list. We have all subscribed to this list to discuss techno.