Following my post from last week, I have received numerous emails of things to
add to my list, and have compiled all these, categorized and added comments
etc, I am not too sure everything is perfectly right, but anyway...
I have also found very good discographies in Techno Rebels (Dan Sicko) and
Energy Flash (Simon Reynolds)
Thanks to all those who answered !

Gwendal

***Compilations more or less representing the whole spectrum***
- V/A - Detroit: Beyond The Third Wave
- V/A - Detroit: The Deeper Shade of Techno I+II
- V/A - True People from Detroit (Reactivate) :
= a great two-CD comp, featuring classic tracks, really representative of the
whole scene.
- V/A - Origins of a Sound (Submerge)
- V/A - Depth Charge 1-5 (Submerge)
- V/A - Strangely Arranged (Communique Records)
- V/A - Virtual sex (Buzz)
- V/A - Intergalactic Beats (Planet E)
- V/A - Techno 1 & 2 (network)
- V/A - Retro Techno emotion (network)
- V/A - Panic in Detroit (Buzz)
- V/A - Made in Detroit (KMS)
- V/A - Generator World Sonik Domination vols 1-2
- V/A - Elements of and experiments with sound (Planet E)

***Label comps***
- V/A - Geology (Planet E)
- V/A - Interstellar Fugitives (Underground Resistance)
= seems to represent about all the artists on this label, with people like
Suburban Knight and Drexciya
- V/A - Direct Beat (430 West)
- V/A - Blueprints for Modern Techno (Plus8)
- V/A - From our minds to yours (Plus8)

***The "Holy Trinity" comps***
- Model 500 - Classics (R&S)
= the earliest works of Juan Atkins solo (since it seems there were 3 people
involved in Cybotron), I think it better stands the test of time than the
Cybotron stuff, the version of No UFOs included here is a remix
- Derrick May - Innovator 2CD (Transmat)
= there are two tracks more on the european version ? anyway, it seems to have
almost all Derrick May has released, including several versions of Strings of
Life
- Kevin Saunderson - Faces and Phases 2CD (Planet E)
= spans his whole career (for now), representing the more "commercial" part of
techno, but no "big fun" ?

***Artist comps***
- John Beltran - Earth & Nightfall (R&S)
- Underground Resistance - Revolution For Change (Network)
- The Martian - LBK-6251876 (Red Planet)
- Drexciya - The Quest (Submerge)
- Moodymann - A Silent Introduction (Planet E)
- Theo Parrish - Sound Signature (Sound Signature)
- Jeff Mills : Purpose Maker
- Common Factor : Dreams from Elsewhere
- Octave One comps
- Jason Hodges comp

***Albums***
- Carl Craig - Landcruising (Blanco Y Negro)
= not a comp but an album, with long instrumental pieces, closer to straight
techno than house, and my favorite Craig work to date, probably because the
tracks seem so evocative of travel
- X-101 - Sonic Destroyer (Tresor)

***Mix CDs***
- Jeff Mills : Live from Liquid Room
- DJ Rolando - Aztec Mix (Underground Resistance)
- Derrick May : Mix-Up (Studio K7!)
- Stacey Pullen : DJ Kicks (Studio K7!)
... and more generally, tons of mix CDs on Studio K7!, in their Mix-up, DJ
Kicks and X-Mix series, as well as their Electro Boogie series - BTW, is Dave
Clarke Detroit ? and what about the artists featured on his Electro Boogie mix ?