On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Kent williams wrote:

> To say that there are ruins in Detroit is no different than saying
> that there are ruins in Paris and Rome. They testify about an age
> that no longer exists. It isn't to imply that the place is dead, just
> that there is an architectural memory of things that no longer exist.

How old are the ruins in Paris and Rome?  What age do the ruins in Paris
and Rome hark to?  Now, what age do the "ruins" in Detroit hark to?

peace
lks

         Lester Kenyatta Spence     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Assistant Professor, Political Science
         Washington University at St. Louis

         "We illuminate the contradictions and call it
          the light"