From: "synthetic detronik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [313] a chord-flames

Im saying is take what we have learned and de-program that.  I call it
"anti-logics" basically take the chord theory try tossing it out and create
new "chords" that are not the average...  say multi-algorithmic sound
variations that randomize and create a new form.

Algorithms - hmm.

Chords I personally feel have  "trapped" us from evolving.

But then don't many things? Reliance on 4/4 time signatures, etc.

Try setting it aside and creat a track without it and see
what happens, then take a chord, take out parts and add a variable

Variables? Algorithms? This sounds more like writing C++ code then writing music.

theory.  I mean, to experiment anyway, one must know the rules to break the
rules right? otherwise, one would make the same mistakes evolution has made
and why would we want to do that?  We need to make our own mistakes and
evolve from them.

Sure. But maybe I'm missing something - whats the big problem with chords? There are a vast number of possible chords right? From the basic to the weird and almost atonal.

Anyway, I'm a chord freak - they're an easy thing to add for extra emotional content I guess but then I'm an easy guy to please.