-----Original Message-----
From: synthetic detronik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
non-compliant said:
>  I call it "anti-logics" basically take the chord theory try tossing it
out and create
new "chords" that are not the average...  say multi-algorithmic sound
variations that randomize and create a new form.  "randomized chords"  Im
all about the experimentation.  Chords I personally feel have "trapped" us
from evolving. <

Most music discussed on 313 stays within the same key for the whole track.
If you have music within the same key then you are inevitably going to go
through a circle of chords within that key whether thay are played
explicitly by one instrument (say a piano sound) or hinted at by a
combination of bass and lead lines.

Even if key changes occur constantly within a piece (as in Be-Bop, for
example) interaction between Bass and say, trumpet still suggests a chord
line, as you can hear, for example when a Pianist joins in with a Be-Bop
trio of Bass, Trumpet and Drums.

Basically, if you have 3 different notes together, whatever those notes are
you have a chord. Even 2 notes together are enough to suggest a chord. So
trying to get rid of chords from your music will be pretty hard unless you
start making 'Music Concrete' or other experimental stuff.

Matt.