[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Yeah, i have always had a bit of respect for spooky, and certainly
>  wouldn't have put him in the 'mainstream' category.
>  I know he has done some stuff with kool keith who tends to be right on the
>  money in terms of choosing collaborators.

I've only ever come across Spooky once, he collaborates with Metallica for a
track on the Soundtrack from the movie Spawn.  Its quite good actually, a
Drum n Bass sort of Remix of For Whom the Bell Tolls.  But to be fair, its
not exactly a work of genius, simply For Whom the Bell Tolls with new beats.
I've never really heard of him other than this, I guess his questionable
mixing hasn't brought him to the UK yet.  Dave Clarke on the other hand, the
man totally rocks, one of the best DJ's around.  He plays around here all the
time, and I've been lucky enough to hear many an excellent techno set from
him, he's redefined how it should be done on a number of occasions.  I just
need to catch one of his electro sets now.

Heres a question totally unrelated to DJ Spooky - I was listening to a DJ
Funk mix and I am desperate to find out what one of the tunes was.  It starts
out with this total electro sort of riff going on (which carries on through
the tune), with a guy talking over top, he's talking about smoking to much
weed, the words are something like this - I smoke to much weed I smoke blunts
all day long, I sold my kids and wife, my VCR is gone, I took it to the pawn
shop, my momma doesent understand, I need to smoke more herb, but if I dont
stop, I'll be smoking it on the curb.  Some claps and hats come in somewhere
in there, and then a very techno 4/4 comes in with a sort of bouncy sounding
kick drum, at this point the vocal bit starts repeating, the guys just saying
"I need weed in my life" over and over again.  The kick gets bouncier still,
and then the mix just abruptly cuts off.  The track just about made me piss
my pants with laughter, and I am wondering if anyone knows who it is/the name
of it so I can hopefully get a full copy of it.  I was thinking maybe it
could be Green Velvet, mainly because the way the guy speaks reminds me of
other Green Velvet tracks, but I dont really know much about Green Velvet, so
I am unsure.

Aaron