It has also been reported that Mills was very influenced by seeing Belgian
Industial band front 242 when they played detroit (particularly their
paramilitary stage gear)

Like so many other great insights i believe the source for this was
'Techno Rebels' By Dan Sicko which I can not reccomend engough (Dan
definately used to be on the 313 but I'm not sure if he still is -
anyone?)

neil