Hi all,

I USED to be a reader of URB magazine. I think they do have an interest in
Future Music Culture but it seems to be White Future Music Culture.  It seems
to have lots of tidbits about this and that but very white. There is a whole
heritage of stuff that should be covered in -depth around this music. I think
Derrick described his music as "Kraftwerk meets Funkadelic in the elevator."
Carl Craig said they wanted to make music that wouldn't be classified as
"ghetto", funny but Detroit Techno seems to be ghettoized. Like it's
something for white people or music obscurists... I don't know

It seems to me that the overall lack of American media coverage on Detroit
techno has a lot to do with racism. If Juan, Derrick or Kevin were white I
really believe them, their work, and things like the DEMF would have more
respect.  I think the DEMF was a great thing and I just regret that I wasn't
there but thank God for archived webcasts.
I think the Detroit News gave it its biggest coverage to my knowledge and
even some that was suspect.

Peace,
Five