In a message dated 06/09/00 23:26:25 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> OK, 100K was crazy speculation, but the figures that I was quoting was
>  Australian dollars, on US, so depending on the conversion rate at the
time,
>  his asking price could appproach AU$15K. Also keep in mind that the
>  promoters who brought him to Sydney in April are in a position to give
Mills

>  this kind of money anyhow.

If I remember correctly, the 100K quote was for nye2000, and in that case,
its not crazy speculation at all.  I dont know if Mills was asking for that
much, but I know that others were.  According to Radio 1, Carl Cox played two
gigs that night, and for each one of them recieved 100,000 pounds, which is
more like $160,000 in the US.  One of them was in Sydney, and I think the
other was in Honolulu or something like that.  Not bad going really, 200,000
pounds for playing records for 4 hours!

Aaron