I wish I'd seen the set he did 3 years ago. His more varied sets are legendary.
I think it's another case of the european body snatchers.  When I saw
Claude Young he played a simiilar set -- hard bangin all the way through.

Jeff Mills in Paris did something similar but it was Jeff -- i.e. he pretty
much invented the whole relentless banging set thing. When he does it, there's
an object to it, something he's getting at.  That night Richie came on
after him, and from the VIP lounge I didn't even notice a change from
Jeff's set -- it was bang bang, kick on the beat 909 open hat on the offbeat.
By then the Metro was running again so I left.

In europe they eat it up, but I'd say that the eclecticism that has always
been a Detroit hallmark is gone.

Don't get me wrong -- I respect Richie as a producer and all around nice guy.
I think Minus has been brilliant, and really pushed things in a different
direction. I just want to hear one of those legendary sets the old school
ravers are still talking about.

kent williams -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mp3.com/chaircrusher -- tunes
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=chaircrusher -- mix