> I just want to hear one of those legendary sets the old school
> ravers are still talking about.

Richie is an inspiration to me.  He has made a worthwhile living in my opinion
out
of something we all aspire to be--techno tourists..  The first time I saw Richie
play out was at a party in the Jak series sometime in 1994 on Milwaukee street.
knew it was going to be cool but I had no idea it would be that damn cool.  It
was
Matt "the acid guru" Hawtin and Greg Campbell playing ambient, I think, and
Richie
playing RECORDS.  Oh so glorious records...  I think even then he had some kind
of
live FX with him but even so it kicked my a%%, and changed my life.  Had to
contact
him afterwards.  Had to be involved.  These guys are getting older now.  And
that
is inspiring still.

Richie gave me my best radio show the first time he came up to the studio in
1995
and I simply interviewed him.  To this day I don't think it could have been
outdone--me racing to write the questions 10-20 minutes before he arrives and my
friends are playing records for me on the air.

Back in the day my "first four" influential underground techno labels were +8,
Warp, Rephlex, and R&S.  Yes it was because I had read glowing reviews of this
material and had hunted it out.  There was nowhere for a kid like me, with no
outside contacts, to know about anything else "Detroit" because I wasn't a DJ,
and
I wasn't able to find any tips on the stuff I'd heard, with the exception of Dan
Sicko's "Reverb" column in a little-itty-bitty tiny zine called 'Anti-Matter'
that
I'd found at The Record Collector on the South side of 8-Mile, which is now
closed.  I remember the first time I was in Record Time in Roseville.  Mike
Huckaby, BMG, and Will Web all working in the dance room and talking sh#t.  ;)
think Gillespie was probably in there, now, too.  I remember the first record I
bought.  I remember the first Detroit record I bought.  I remember walking into
that same dance room with the same scene with a printout of a posted review on
313
of Maurizio's Domina, and asking Huckaby if he could get it.  These are all
permanent images in my life.  Everybody has a different story and everybody
tells
theirs with color.  What's yours?