I can't rememer with who it was that originally stated that tone shifting is
a mechanism of the brain that *fills* in the gaps in highly repetitive
music, but I agree with him and have to add that this fenomenon doesn't
occur only while listening to music, whether it be minimal techno or tribal
beats. It also occurs while on the train, in a room full of computers, or
wherever there is a repetitive sound. Thats why I like riding
trains....there so much music to be heard!!

later,
fab

||  Web Developer  ||  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||
||  www.deepend.it ||

"If we never looked at things and thought what they might be, we'd still be
in the tall grass with the apes."
Deepend Roma s.r.l.
Via C.A. Racchia, 4 - 00195 Roma - ITALY
T +39 06 37 51 23 58 F +39 06 37 51 23 26