I totally agree overall with your comments, Holly. I can certainly relate, it
does get frustrating.  One tip my brother has taught me is if once you mix
one record into another and you hear it goes off beat, it means the record
you mixed in is too fast and needs to be slowed down.  Try it, hope that
would help.  And pitch, Ladies!  Always mess with the pitch control on those
Techs!

This is my 17th year of being into dance music and I sure as hell never gave
a guy a chance to give me trouble.  I've always looked to myself to find out
what I like.   Ever since I started buying records on a regular basis, I
would walk into the store keeping to myself, usually have my big headphones
on and just go at it at the bins.   Pulling out what looks interesting and
give it a listen and by doing that you'll establish your own knowledge of
labels, artists, and discover what your tastes are in this big umbrella of
dance music.

But then again, can it just be that those who work in the stores are just
plain jerks????

And it also helps to have a brother who also is into it that you can discuss
the music with.  =)

Peace,

G l y p h