I agree. People can get pretty severe about
on-topicness, but then again, people want to preserve
the integrity of a relatively unpoluted list.

Thing is, there are other lists for techno not
specifically from Detroit. Granted we all have broader
tastes and 90% of the people on the list accept some
deviance from the rules. The thing is, there are some
basic concepts that aren't being adhered to, like
short, one-line replies, etc, and most of the people
of this list (I think there are like 800 subscribers),
have seen the pro-Swede argument come and go through
313 a million times. Almost every time it does (or in
it's newest form - Ben Sims), people continue to
discuss it ad nauseum even though it's off-topic. I
just ask that people newer to the list check out the
archives on these topics, because it gets tiresome for
those of us that have been here a few years to see the
same cyclical threads over and over and over again. I
think that's why a lot of long-timers have left the
list or gone into hiding.

Tristan