Andrew

Thanks for the help.  I can see you've been rinsing this one with it appearing
in 8 shows!  Unfortunately only one mix still appears
to be available (I presume the presence of a link indicates this) but I can't
get that one to go ("Object not found") either.

But no worries as there are 2 alternatives for me:

1.  The record is available at a shop - in which case I can check clips there

2.  It isn't - in which case I probably don't want to hear it as if I do like
it I will then get frustrated at not being able to get
it and it will join the list of records I want but missed.  So transitory has
the nature of vinyl become, with people only daring to
do small runs, that things get on this list all to easily now.  The list is
getting big and I find it healthier just to rip it up
and not spend daft amounts of time ferreting out things I might want but missed
at the time.

As it is Shake was kind enough to drop me a line to say that it looks like
those copies weren't promos, the label only wanted to do
500, they're gone and that looks like the end of it.

The shame is I can totally understand a label doing small runs with seemingly
diminishing sales, they've got to keep viable (this
isn't meant to ignite a "is vinyl dead?" / "no, indie bands are selling loads
of 7s!" debate) but observing how things run at my
local shop it's obvious that it works 2 ways and all the limited runs are part
responsible for the diminution - sometimes they could
sell many times over what they get.  I'll go in for a record and it's like "no,
you missed that one" when I am right on watching
their website for new stuff and live just round the corner.

In times past when there wasn't such a through-put of material I reckon a
record could be shipped in, sit on the shelf for a while,
have people gradually hear it out and about and rate it / hear about how good
it was and then it would  slowly get picked up - a
"sleeper".  What chance of that now?

Francis