Here are some pics from our crew this year:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chelseafaith/page2/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52271...@n00/sets/72157618926534056/

some tech fest 09 highlights for me:
P Maack from D.I.E. lambasting us techno geeks for not grinding with the ladies at Hump friday night Jay Denham bringing it strong! I wasnt sure what to expect after the more chill sounding last album but this is what I imagine seeing him back in the day was like. Xlent hard techno despite the shitty rig. Mills!!! Ear bleeding sound, great crowd (even greater after it thinned out a bit), and Mills bringing it cerebral style. Though technically not quite up there with the time he came out to the west coast, the selection was just want I needed.

disappointments:
The Real Detroit Stage. I'm sure it sounded cool after a few drinks at the bar but the island stage thing has got to be the stupidest arrangement I have ever seen in my life. so sad. Shady promoter tactics. One of the artists I was most curious to see, Benga, apparently was not even scheduled to perform. He didnt show up and then we noticed in the program a tiny little asterik next to his name and a tiny comment at the bottom saying "subject to change". this was only on Benga's name! typical Detroit tactics I suppose

hooj choons:
Definetely was noticing alot of anthems this year. Francois K played what seemed to me like the detroit classics version of Girl Talk, remixing on the fly etc. Unfortunately it left me and my friends a bit cold. I guess we want to hear some new music these days. heard "french kiss" a few times, of course from Derrick but he didnt indulge in the full slow down female interlude. Also heard blackwater a few places.

But the runaway hit of the fest which I am sure we will hear
more of this Summer was a track from a pretty unknown serbian dude, gramaphone dzie with a great jazz standard samplefest called Why Dont You. We heard this cut played by Minx, Delano Smith as well as Luciano.