Yeah. That's like the usage in a mixer manual. "Hot" is multi-purpose
slang though. When you describe music as "hot" it could mean a few
different things and possibly any or all simultaneously. Hot like
great, hot like banging, hot like virtuosic, hot like a recording that
pops...hot like really loud and upfront (but not overdriven), or hot
in the same way like the mixer manual says, overdriven.