perhaps Oates' moustache could be the opening act, I hear there are people in Detroit with moustaches who listen to techno ...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Oates-Moustache/30246389654

lisa

telepat...@comcast.net wrote:
Maybe Paxahau should book the CARS. They have nothing to do with Detroit-Techno, they don't play live anymore but at least they named themselves after something made in Detroit. ; P telepathic regards, the Kooky Scientist

----- Original Message ----- From: "Denise Dalphond" <ddalp...@umail.iu.edu> To: telepat...@comcast.net Cc: "list 313" <313@hyperreal.org>, "kent williams" <chaircrus...@gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:11:54 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern Subject: Re: (313) my WTF Facebook moment for the night Yeah, I know, but I seriously think it's coming from a strong local desire to expand musical genres that are presented at the festival - like George Clinton, De La Soul, or Saul Williams in earlier years. And maybe this is contrary to popular opinion/assumption, but Detroit techno and house artists in Detroit are really not genre police. Most folks are way more interested in educating people about all the different kinds of music that have been and continue to be influential to Detroit techno...and house, and electro, and booty, and on and on. Denise On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM, <telepat...@comcast.net> wrote:
When I think of Detroit Techno, Hall & Oates always pops into my head... NOT ! telepathic regards, the kooky scientist PS. If I get asked to play I will work on a technofied Hall & Oates section of my set.