I found this thread to be interesting.  The issue I have with it is
not that Hall and Oates aren't relevant to electronic music.  But do
we really need to push this word of influence any further?  I remember
them being described as "blue-eyed soul."  "White Motown?"  This
doesn't have to do with colour for me, but I bring this up for one
reason-Gillespie and others have latched on to this idea saying that
hall and oates are as relevant as the other acts being booked for the
festival.  Sure they are.  I guess I remember it being called the
Detroit Electronic Music Festival not the Artists Who Are All
Influenced By Detroit and its Various Sounds and Want to Play in
Detroit to Validate Their Career Festival.

     I just say that whereas I agree with this thing in principle (I
know it won't happen unless it's Chromeo and Darryl Hall), I also
think that we all are forgetting that Paxahau is like a Frank Zappa
album title:  "were only in this for the money."

    So if it will make dollars, it will make sense.  they'll have a
publicist tell us why it's relevant, and someone to corral us into a
line for tickets.

     Oh. and since I'm not from the D, take what I say with a grain of salt.

--
fbk

sleepengineering/absoloop US