Yes, I'm aware of those articles, but they leave a lot of questions
unanswered. To start with, I'm especially curious as to how
distribution with "Crosstalk" went, and how the record did in overseas
shops.

More generally, I think the real audience is in Europe, so I'm really
hoping to hear from anyone across the ocean who might have thoughts on
what format people want, as well as getting records into the right
hands and getting publicity.

Also I'm aware of the options Tom used for mastering, plating, and
cutting, but was curious to hear about any other options and potential
pros and cons.

In other words, I need more detailed information than those article,
and maybe even any dirt or words of caution that one might not want to
share on the list or a blog.

Also, I think Tom's blog would create some built in audience for their
record, which is an advantage we don't have, so promoting is really
probably the biggest issue. I've got a reasonable grasp on the
manufacturing though I'd like to hear any words of wisdom.

~David