On May 24, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Frank Glazer <cpe1704...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with you Ken to an extent, but like you said, nobody claimed
> that it was good, just that it could be big at DEMF this year.
> Honestly, though, even though i know it's simplistic soulless crap, I
> actually enjoy it quite a bit despite myself.
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Odeluga, Ken <ken.odel...@dowjones.com>
> wrote:
>> I bought an online copy of that track.
>>
>> I don't know what the fuss is all about.
>>
>> To me it seems just like an old fashioned, run-of-the-mill [and off the
>> conveyor belt] 'minimal' thing.
>>
>> It's got interesting effects but the sounds are flat, cold and tinny, and
>> the whole thing is s quite soul-less and meaningless, even in our world of
>> dance music,
>> in which the 'meaning' of music is opaque [at best].

If no one else will claim it's good I will!  It's a perfect summation of The
Knife gone Techno, I think it's absolutely beautiful and where you could get
"run-of-the-mill 'minimal'" out of it Ken, I don't know ... did you forget to
listen to side B? ;)

OAR003-B reminds me of a warm sunny day, you know, kinda like what you've had
in London today :)

        - Greg