Nobody who was there will ever forget Aaron-Carl's truly triumphant
performance on the main stage at the festival, and his shout outs
to his family and friends.  He had an unquenchable drive to express
himself and a gift for making people feel good.

I first ran across his music in 1997 when his remix of Gerald Mitchell
and Theresa Springer's "Round & Round" came out on Simply Soul --
and still play it today, it has that little extra that punches through.

He was adventurous in his producing and his DJing, restlessly
crossing genres to find the elusive sweet spot, and he often found it.
On a memorable night in 2007 I heard him DJing both at McCarthy's
(to about 3 of us in the music room and a handful of people in the bar)
and then a very different scene early in the morning at the Works where
he tore it up (but to be truthful, his McCarthy's set was better!).

But don't let me tell the story, let the man himself:

http://aaroncarl.blogspot.com/2007/05/demf-and-all-things-relatedhtml

We have lost a great one.  I want to thank Cliff Thomas for saying it
so much better.  We are blessed that Aaron-Carl was one of us here
on THIS list.  And in his own funny, fierce and fragile way, he always
represented for Detroit.

peace

Fred