-----Original Message-----
From: Cyclone Wehner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Moroder, his Supernature LP is perfect to me, especially tracks like Sweet
>Drums.

actualy Sweet Drums was a latter edition to the track,SN first apeared
in 77 as a 7"(charted in the uk at around #15),at the time Cerrone's
Paradise was still in the album chart in France ,that was the first
record he did with Wisiniac,after his collabrator from Love In C
Minor(A Costandinos)left him to form his own(very succefull)carrer.
after the SN succses they have released the 12" version with LICM
as the b side,it went for 13,50 min,and Sweet Drums is just part of
the break in that,later on when they released the lp in 78 it was cut
diffrently and it ended up being 18 min side with In The Smoke
try to find the 12 as it is the best mix (Maligator sacem king 1)
also in the US(&Oz)the album was not gatefolded like in europe so
missed the best picture ;) ,same goes for Cerone Paradise,and
in LICM they censored the conversation bit at the begining,so with all his
early stuff seek the euro pressing

>It's funny as I spoke to Laurent Garnier in an interview a few weeks ago
and
>he was saying how all his generation in France were so dismissive of
>Cerrone, it was embarassing and not cool.

i once spoke to him about french disco too,and he did not know
any of the bands i mentioned(Voyage,Allain,Destination,Palace
bernheim,Max Berlin,Martin Circus,2 Man Sound,Damiano etc etc)
He did know those cult disco record shops they had in Paris(Champs
Disques& Lido Muzique) and had a lough when i told him this was
more of a tourist atraction then the Eifle
i think he said the first disco track he got into was Shanon's-let the
music play which is realy long after the heyday of disco in the 70's
if you want somebody that knows all about it try Dimitri from Paris,
i've seen a good disco compilation cd he just released last week
looks realy great
Garnier was probably into Plastic Bertrand and bought records
from New Rose

(Cerrone advised
>him on aspects, Le Fraint used Cerrone's backing singers, etc). And Daft

Cerone's backing singer was (young) Lene Lovich,which had a huge
career later as a "new wave" singer (a la Toya,Gina X,Nina Hagen)
and also worked with the Residents on a coupl of their albums

>Anyway, what are Cerrone's definitive albums?

personaly i only like the first 3. fourth one(angelina)was a big let down
at the time,and his latter stuff i could not get into as i was'nt into
disco anymore,only track i half liked was Rocket In The Pocket,one of the
records he had was very "freestyle"can't recall the name tho,
there was also a "live" album,that had SN,nothing earth shatering