I was gonna give everybody some space to calm down for a bit, but this is
too easy.

I wrote a dissertation about Detroit techno and house:

2014. “Detroit Players: Wax, Tracks, and Soul in Electronic Music.” PhD
diss., Indiana University.

I also wrote all these other things:

2021. “Resistance and Detroit Electronic Music.” In Oxford Handbook of
Electronic Dance Music. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

(forthcoming, includes multiple detailed fieldwork stories, because
ethnomusicology is like anthropology)

2018. “Black Detroit: Sonic Distortion Fuels Social Distortion.” In Black
Lives Matter and Music. Eds. Fernando Orejuela and Stephanie Shonekan.
Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
(mostly about Drexciya)

2014. “Detroit Techno.” In African American Music: An Introduction, 2nd Ed.
Eds. Mellonee V. Burnim and Portia K. Maultsby. New York: Routledge.
(an overview)

2014. “Carl Craig.” In New Grove Dictionary of American Music, 2nd Ed.
Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2014. “Detroit Techno.” In New Grove Dictionary of American Music, 2nd Ed.
Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2014. “Submerge.” In New Grove Dictionary of American Music, 2nd Ed.
Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2014. “Techno Founders.” In New Grove Dictionary of American Music, 2nd Ed.
Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2013. “Electrifying Mojo and Radio.” In New Grove Dictionary of American
Music, 2nd Ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2011. “The Ethnomusicology of Dance Music: Denise Dalphond Goes Inside EDM
Culture’s Roots.” Peter Kirn, ed. Keyboard Presents the Evolution of
Electronic Dance Music. Backbeat.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share these publications with you,
as I love writing.

*Denise Dalphond, Ph.D.*
*ethnomusicologist*
*schoolcraftwax.work <http://schoolcraftwax.work>*