On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Nathan John de Yonker wrote:

> I approve

Me too.

I remember the first time I heard techno appropriated by traditional
institutions in Detroit--the NBC affiliate (channel 4 wdiv) would use some
of May's work for their "breaking news" soundtrack.  And for their news
commercials too.

I guess it can be argued that this was straight up cooptation....but the
cultural (detroit) nationalist in me thought that it was more of a case of
our own finally being recognized.  I loved it.

And given that I don't hear NO UFO's all that often--my cd player is down
and my brother has my 12'--it'll be cool as hell to hear it.  Damn cool.

As a sidenote, I'm really suprised that May, Atkins, etc. haven't done
more commercial stuff.  As in "stuff for commercials."  Movie soundtracks
too....

Take THE MATRIX for instance.  Can you imagine how dope it would've been
to hear STRINGS OF LIFE for example, during the scene where Neo rescues
Morpheus?

peace
lks