>As a sidenote, I'm really suprised that May, Atkins, etc. haven't done
>more commercial stuff.  As in "stuff for commercials."  Movie soundtracks
>too....

Compelling point! I am sure they would love to - Kevin Saunderson was saying
just late last year that it's his dream and will work towards that in the
next few years. But we all know how it goes in Hollywood - they go for a BT
if they want "electronica". Also too often soundtracks are merely marketing
tools for record companies to break new acts or maintain an artist's profile
between albums, etc. How many good soundtracks have there been in recent
times? Mills said in an interview I read that he did Metropolis in part to
show what could be done. The only decent soundtrack I have heard this year
is The RZA's Ghost Dog which actually worked in with the film, or maybe even
Romeo Must Die, which had some of Timbaland's stuff on there and he has some
integrity.