> that was awful nice of you.
>
> how do you know s/he's not into the music?  and who cares if s/he's not?
>
> a lot of people get attracted to the raves because of drugs, the scene, the
> reputation, whatever.  what generally happens is that the people's
> intentions generally show in what they make of raves later on.
>
> there are people that get too old for the raves, there are people that get
> jaded, sure...  but there will be the select few who really get into the
> music...  even if they didn't appreciate the music to begin with.  and to
> push that person into a stereotype isn't cool at all.
>
> Mike

i agree with this.  i didn't even know what the hell techno was until i
went to my first rave a number of years ago.  since then i've gone on to
whole-heartedly embrace this genre of music.  now i think its the best
thing since sliced bread.  the point is that i owe my cognizance of techno
to 'raving.'  (although such formerly underground activities are no longer
AS integral for exposure to this once underground musical form as it has
recently been proliferating mainstream culture).

kyle