> I don't stick with it for sentimental reasons, its the simplicity that
> attracts me...

whose to say a simpler, more intuitive interface can't be created?

> Oh, and your record will never crash, or you needle with never have an irq
> conflict...

your records can warp, your needles can break.  There are problems with
every medium.

Imagine if there was a good digital solution!  You wouldn't have to spend
thousands of dollars on a lathe and $30 for a blank acetate that wears out
after 20 plays.

The point that everyone's missing is that a better solution can be
devised.  True, vinyl is still the best solution.  But we're quickly
approaching a point where it won't be anymore.  it won't be long till
someone comes up with a truly elegant and intuitive interface for mixing
digitally.

Pretending it won't happen is silly.

chris