i definitely think paris deserves respect. i thought sandwiches was funny,
and I think it worked on a number of levels -- although if you fail to
understand irony, I can see how you would disagree.

On the one hand, the lyrics were funny in a totally up-front silly sort of
way, in the same way that weird al yankovic is funny. but then I think paris
and andy are funny in another way as well -- i think the pubahs' novelty
songs are making fun of novelty songs. they're poking fun at weird al and
that sort of goofy humour. their lyrics are self-referentially funny. when
paris sings that lyric about making thighs like butter, he knows its silly,
and he knows you know its silly, and he's making fun of himself singing this
ridiculous lyric, that still is funny without any irony in it at all.

also, i don't think a song loses its value just because it almost made it on
MTV's TRL. And I like their beat structures.

that's all
--
"Scribe"
Content dude