i definitely think paris deserves respect. i thought sandwiches was funny,
and I think it worked on a number of levels -- although if you fail to
understand irony, I can see how you would disagree.

Although this sounds like a stab at my intelligence, i'll ignore it. Could it be that i don't care for that kind of irony?

On the one hand, the lyrics were funny in a totally up-front silly >sort of way, in the same way that weird al yankovic is funny.

I'll have to disagree with that one. Al was clever in his word choice. But i'll look at the rest of your arguement first.

but then I think paris and andy are funny in another way as well -- i >think the pubahs' novelty songs are making fun of novelty songs.

I think they're attempting to be as stupid as possible in order to be funny, yes. When paris decides to show off his thong every chance he gets, he's attempting to be as stupid as possible in order to be funny. Maybe its just me, but i like my "stupid" humor to be borderline insane. Skits like "poo boy" on the kids in the hall would be a good example. But it seemed to me that the pubahs were going for this genius insanity style of humor, and fell short.

but again, just matter or opinion.

when paris sings that lyric about making thighs like butter, he knows >its silly, and he knows you know its silly, and he's making fun of >himself singing this ridiculous lyric, that still is funny without any irony in it at all.

Same thing as above for me. If in fact they're going for that style of humor, i find them lacking on it. *shrug*

also, i don't think a song loses its value just because it almost made >it on MTV's TRL. And I like their beat structures.

Ok, it doesn't lose its value? *WHEW*, good, now i can pull out my trance mix cds again, because they must be legit again.

And i guess if you like their beat structure, that's ok. Personally, i find it over simplified, especially to the high detroit standards that we all supposedly have.