I respect Paris for "Sandwiches" because it takes guts to put out a
novelty track when you know it's certain to typecast you, as a serious
musician and DJ, in exactly the wrong way.  But let's face it, that
track was *so right*!

But I had respect for Paris long before that -- when i was visiting
Detroit in 1997 and saw him play at St Andrew's, didn't have any idea
who he was, and he lit up that room playing a classic *real* DJ set
intermixing house, techno, jungle, booty and jit.  The only thing
missing was Brian on the mike!  No seriously, from a DJ point of view
it was an excellent example of how to surf genres and still keep a
cohesive musical flow.  So: respect.

phred