I've always found old school dub music to be the most psychedellic of all
music; they way King Tubby and the other great ones used flanger, delay, and
reverb was incredible...and in my opinion, impossible to recreate with
digital effects (as has been made painfully apparentl with most modern dub).
So naturally I've gravitated to the dub infected sound of Maurizio, Maus &
Stolle, Basic Channel label, Chain Reaction, Thule, Klang, etc.  Of course
most of this isn't really rooted in Detroit, but hey, 313ers talk about it
anyway =]  For me, it's the minimal techno & house sound heavy on well
placed delays, dub chords, etc. that really gets the noodle thinking on
another level.  Juan's "Starlight" fits this to a T and that's surely d-town
spawned =P

I like my techno sparse and my d'n'b dense =]

GYS

np: Porter Ricks