Wonder what people make of this, Christian Smith in
our local street mag:

“People always say that Detroit was the beginning of
everything. I think that the early so-called Detroit
techno is more house than techno. And when you're
talking house it's clear where that got started. Not
Detroit, but Chicago. I have many friends in Detroit
and regularly DJ at the Motor Lounge. Don't get me
wrong, I respect a lot of producers from Detroit. I
just think that Detroit has gotten too much attention
and Chicago has almost completely been forgotten. What
about Adonis, Farley Jackmaster Funk and Marshall
Jefferson? You never hear their names as godfathers of
house.”

He has a point about the Chicago people not being
given their dues, but early Detroit techno more house
than techno? Compared to the mono Swedish stuff that
followed maybe…

Cheers

sens

=====
"Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel
it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel
it." : HAL 9000

http://au.classifieds.yahoo.com/au/car/ - Yahoo! Cars
- Buy, sell or finance a car..