i think in the past people used to go out to listen to music and perhaps
to take some drugs.
today, many of my generation go out to take drugs and perhaps to listen to
some music.

peter

A valid point. I also, going back to Lester's question, think the particular drugs that are used owe more to an age difference. The few places I go to here in NY - mainly deep/tracky house nights - cater to an "older" crowd (late 20's to mid-30's) who prefer drinking or toking than being "off their heads" on E or K. I also don't see anyone crashed out in front of the speakers on these nights, whereas it's still a common sight at some of the bigger techno nights. Though that seems to be changing, too (for the better). E in NY at the moment appears to be more the party drug of choice for those who didn't grow up in / with dance culture. I know less and less people who grew up with this culture who continue to use it.

Jorge

SUNRUNNERS -
continuous mix by DJ Swingsett featuring
new tracks by yours truly as DUERMO,
DJ SPINNA,
JAYMZ NYLON,
TWILIGHT CIRCUS,