Hi Lester,

> Though no one cussed me out, a couple of people
> disagreed with me in
> various degrees.  I didn't address their
> disagreements, because looking at
> the message I'd originally sent, I sounded like an
> "old fuddy-duddy."
> Like somebody's daddy.

If their best friend died of smack when they were only
14 they might think differently... It's good someone
show's concern...

> But furthermore, it seems that there are at least
> two distinct dance
> cultures...at least in Detroit.  One scene deals
> with weed....if it deals
> with drugs at all.  The other scene deals with
> ecstasy and other
> substances.  I've only attended the former
> functions....never the latter.
> For me, the music was all I needed to get high.....

Me too, I may need a bit of alcohol to loosen me up
tho a few kegs will do:)

> I guess what I am interested in is the root of the
> difference.  Is it age?

Nope... There are lots of old schoolers on E as
well... Some people can't live without some kind of
pill...

> Is it the way the population became aware of the
> music?

I dunno about drugs' effect on detroit tech or
anything but in the UK between '88 and '92 there was
apparently a drop in various forms of hooliganism
which is accredited to E. There was also a time when a
rave record over here would sell simply because it had
the word "ecstasy" in it or implyed it's usage... So
it does happen...

However, I've never really taken drugs... I've never
done E or any tablets for that matter and I haven't
SMOKED weed, only inhaled someone else's fumes:). I
know lots of people who do and lots who don't take
stuff regularly and if you see what kind of people
make up these two groups, the people who aren't always
taking stuff are nicer and happier. I dunno whether
it's right to think that you have to take drugs to be
involved in a certain scene. I liked Electro when I
was 6 years old and I knew nothing of drugs...

You also have to consider that not all people that
take drugs are junkies. Some people just take stuff
occasionally and it doesn't make them bad people, more
often than not it doesn't have anything to do with
music scene. It's the people you mix with and how much
you care about the potential dangers. You don't need
drugs to enjoy music...

l8r,
Nick(Dj Pacific:)