darwin stop talking out your ass. you always scrutinize everything too much. how can you say that creative djs are lost. you dont think theres any good djs anymore?? ive heard one of your dj sets and it wasnt that great. now to get back to what the original question was. just becuse some dj from betalounge let some of his tracks play doesnt me all djs nowaday do that shit. look at jeff mills look at dj bone... theres lots of djs that will drop tracks like crazy.

From: "darw_n" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think its because the whole notion of the DJ being a creative artist is
lost.  The newer DJ's never even thought of creating, they entertain,
"rockstardom", the very thing we rebelled against to begin with...

Instead of "oh, I am going to take this hook, and this break down and create
something new", it has become *exactly* what a wedding or radio DJ or a POP
band does, they play *exactly* what the crowd wants to hear...

The older DJ's, or some of the persistent ones (like myself) find the
creation to be for more interesting, and far more valid.  But the problem
here is that this is very hard to communicate to a new DJ.  So many times,
that I actually got in arguments with "normal" non techno orientated people
about DJing.  They could not understand that it can be more that just
playing records...

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."

http://www.thedemonstration.com