> yep - take off the plate - use a screwdriver to peel off the next layer,

What layer, where??  you can almost adjust the pitch without even taking off
the plate (almost), but I don't know of any additional "layers", is it
different over there??

The pitch is actually quite hard to get back to the default state.  If you
don't have a meter to read the pull from the diodes, you are forced to put
the platter back on and stare at the little red dots for calibration (often
resulting in a big headache;).  *Then* the almost impossible thing is
getting *all four* red dots to jive with each other and that little table
next to the on/off switch!!  It's one thing to get one dot to match the
guide on the deck, but to get all four to coincide with the guide is next to
impossible after you manually adjust it.

Of course, this really doesn't matter, if you good, you can play on
anything...  ;)

> twist the little thingee that says pitch adj. (small potmeter(is it called
> that in english?))

"Potmeter"????

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."