Hello,

From: Benn Glazier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Re: Interface Records
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:17:19 +1100

Just seen a  copy of "Other Side Of Life b/w Touch Me" by
Vision(Interface/Metroplex I-101).
Mixes by 'Magic' Juan Atkins, 'Flashin' Eddie Fowlkes, Jay Denham and
Anthony 'Shake' Shakir.

Credits - written by M. Bonds, and T. Amos.

Is Tori Amos?  Can someone shed some light on this?

Yeah, a little known 313 fact is that tori amos was involved in many of the sessions that resulted in several seminal 313 records. The piano line from Strings was actually her jamming out on her Bosendorfer. Her timing is so good you would think it was an 8-bit sample on an ensoniq mirage. :)

I honestly do not know who T. Amos is. I do know that M. Bonds referes to Martin Bonds, who was responsible for engineering alot of the early Detroit records.

I spoke with him about music for a fairly long time at Shake's MS benefit at Motor last year. He did the wife and kids thing, and settled down in the early 90's. I guess he has started working on tracks again and that he is getting some interest for european labels. I am not aware of anything that he has released lately, but perhaps one of the better informed 313 members could shed a bit of light.

Take care,
mt

--

benn glazier - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -http://www.royaltech.net