if some crazy thing happens, and i become a "superstar dj" one day. i am
going to put my own labels on my records and write all the info on them in huge print so everyone can see what the hell it is. i mean, even if you ask a dj what record that he/she was playing (which is so rude, but so is making all of your records white labels. not to mention anal as hell) 90% of the time they never tell you. one of the downfalls of techno, TECHNO SNOBS.

From: "darw_n" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ".: Caltrop :." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] taking off labels
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:04:54 -0500

In cleveland, you some idiots who do things like blank off The Bells or Live
Wire, as if it was some hidden super secret squirrel track...

Or some DnB DJ's black out Virus Records, LOL!!!

Personally, I say who cares, I mix it one way, another DJ mixes it another
way, that's what makes it unique.

Another thing, so many people think "I'll be real popular if I'm the only DJ
with this record, and I'll beat anyone down who tries to spot it".  How
retarded is that??

Does anyone really think promoters book on how rare a DJ's record collection
is??  Nope...

Hell, we booked Doc Scott for one of our events at the end of march, and on
the flier, we put "dropping the freshest dub-plates", we don't care about
that, we just care if the DJ is skilled or not...

hmmm, I guess its a trend from the old hip hop days, so I respect it, I just
think its kinda silly...

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."

http://www.thedemonstration.com