Kieran wrote:

How would the vinyl react with the minerals in the water, though?

Jeffrey Paul:

Bear in mind i'm not a chemist, but I doubt it'd do anything for just a few hours. If you're really anal though, one might consider >using distilled water, as there's chlorine and traces of other >corrosive things in tapwater, but i'm doubtful it'd hurt anything.

Normal water doesn't do it, unless you keep the record about a year under running water. I tried water, all it does it softens the paper of the label, so it wears off, but the glue still remains. So you have records with ugly mushy white labels:) Alcohols and other strong chemicals tend to stink long after even if you've washed them, so I wouldn't do it...

Sometimes you find old records and they're just in awful condition, labels all **cked-up, DJ's writing all over the labels etc... I'd rather look plain records.

Proffit